« | Main | Another reason to earn a college degree »

September 04, 2010

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e3981e9a5088330133f3cb3bdb970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference "Fighting for My World View":

Comments

George A Damoff

Good ruminations. Thanks.
"Fighting" with you for the minds and souls of our Gen Bio I students!
GADamoff

Evolutionist

Hmm. Well I pretty sure nothing Hawking said stated that there wasn't or could not be a God that created the universe. If you read the entire article, many other professors said that same thing I just mentioned. He just said that all the matter in the universe could have been created from nothing without breaking any laws.
I personally think God is the creator of the universe, but at the same time designed it in the magnificent way he did in that everything works the way He intended it. We just have not, and may not ever learn all the complexities of it.

David Nemati

Leading edge science can be confusing, but I believe that we can trust God to have created everything in a way that brings Him glory. Psalm 8 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of His hands." I believe we can take that literally today, and trust science to prove atheism wrong.
While I do not know very much about string theory, where the idea of a multiverse came from, I do remember attending a science seminar this last spring about M-theory. In this talk, the speaker pointed out that though universes colliding with each other create new universes, according to M-theory, and there could have been 10^hundreds of universes created in the history of the multiverse, there is no escaping that there must have been a first universe, and there is no explanation for the origin of the first one.
So, I think there is no need to worry about picking between the Truth and something "scientific"; science studies nature, God is outside of nature, and there is no explanation within nature for the origin of the universe or even life.

The comments to this entry are closed.